It is difficult keeping grease and food particles away from the floors, walls, and ceilings in any kitchen, and even more so in a commercial kitchen. Floors need to be cleaned constantly while the ceilings and walls should be cleaned regularly both weekly and monthly. Use pest control services such as Moster Pest Control Specialists to prevent pest infestations and to keep all parts of your commercial kitchen spotless. Pests that are attracted to food usually include roaches, ants, flies, mice, rats, and other visitors that are unwelcome in a space where food is being prepared. Whatever your concerns might be, we will tackle the infestations at all stages of their breeding cycles. Our virus and bacteria cleaning services will also ensure your commercial kitchen is kept in an immaculate condition free of viruses, bacteria, and anything harmful that might find its way into the prep area.
Your commercial cleaning professionals will undoubtedly do a good job, but it takes professional pest control specialists to ensure pest challenges are dealt with from the beginning stages and kept away from kitchens. Invasive pests are a nightmare for food services and the wrong cleaning products and methods could cause more harm than good. With correct cleaning and eradication of pests from the first signs of infestation restaurants and food, outlets can have peace of mind with a lesser risk of pest infestation. Facilities management and commercial cleaning of your commercial kitchen is only one part of pest control management efforts – this is an important step in the right direction. This is especially the case where rodents and insects are attracted to food. But it takes expertise from pest control specialists to tackle the problem head-on.
The removal of food is a step in the right direction, although it is only the first step to stave off pests in the commercial space. It is important to ensure the area has no moist spots (water for pests) and that food is not lying around. This should be your first line of defense when getting rid of pests in the commercial space. Bear in mind that cleaning your commercial space and paying cleaning and facilities management teams to assist is only one small step in eradicating vermin and pests. Investing in your cleaning services is important in upholding your brand image, the health of your workers, and the integrity of your commercial operation.
Your Focus Should Be On:
- Garbage bins which provide vermin and bugs with a veritable feast and is one of the biggest pest infestation problems on the properties of commercial facilities. Open and overflowing bins provide pests with a source of food and if they remain full all day every day, you are inviting pests to breed
Spillage and Dirty Countertops
- Pests won’t hesitate to migrate indoors should their food sources not be found outdoors. Food spills and dirty countertops are an open invitation for pests. Ensure all countertops are wiped clean with disinfectants and sanitisers to detract pests and to ward off germs and viruses. Now more than ever commercial kitchens need to ensure the work environment is cleaned regularly to ward off the COVID-19 virus and other nasty bacteria, germs, and viruses while warding off insects and vermin
- A professional cleaning service ensures that all hard-to-reach corners are disinfected and sanitised. Air disinfection will take care of any microorganisms by sanitising everything including the air we breathe in with safe, pesticide-free products
- Professional teams will ensure that everything from the floors to the ceilings is sanitised, leaving no room for insects and bugs to be attracted to commercial facilities
Moisture Attracts Pests
- Pests need water to survive – ensure all liquids are stored away in airtight containers in the fridge. Leaving water bottles and glasses with water will attract pests
- Furthermore, train staff to ensure taps are closed properly
- Ensure your plumber oversees your commercial kitchen to ensure there are no leaking faucets, poor drainage or other plumbing issues
- Never leave the water to pool on floors and countertops
At the very first sign of insect infestations such as droppings, nests, tracks and damage that has been caused, the problem should be addressed immediately.
The cleanliness of commercial kitchens should be tackled by professional teams of facilities managers, pest control services such as Mostert Pest Control Professionals and keeping a clean environment as this will ensure there are no pests and vermin, germs and viruses. Now, more than ever before, it is important to ensure your commercial kitchen is pristinely clean to ensure the health of everyone is taken seriously. Commercial kitchens should be cleaned daily, and deep cleaning undertaken at least once a week. Commercial kitchens should be in a satisfactory sanitary condition as those that are not up to standard risk being closed and fined.