As Covid-19 escalates many of us are finding that we are working from home to avoid the spread of the virus. The best place to be is at home with working online being the norm and not the exception. Now more than ever it is vital to keep our work and home environments clean and free of bugs, vermin, viruses, and germs. This might appear to be a mammoth task, but a few clever hacks will keep the bugs away and the virus at arm’s length.
Ensuring you and your family stay healthy is all-important; therefore, we need to put into place a couple of steps to keep our work-environment clean and one that is bug-free. This is especially pertinent when it comes to vermin and disease-carrying bugs.
Apply These Ten Clever Hacks to Keep Your Home Office Pristinely Clean and Bug-Free
- Before disinfecting an area always clean thoroughly and cover anything that can become damaged when calling in the professionals such as keyboards, and any sensitive electronics. Ensure that paper and books are either removed entirely during disinfection or covered in waterproof plastic
- Cleaning with plain soap and water is the best method to remove any particles that might contain the COVID19 virus on most surfaces – especially your hands. Wear disposable gloves and a mask when carrying out cleaning tasks
- One of the most important areas in your office is your desk. You might take it for granted that it is clean because you appear to be the only one touching and sitting at your desk. But if you do have a family or staff members who work with you or clean your space, chances are that everyone touches your desk and the items that you store there. This could be your PC and other office equipment. The area where your desk is kept could easily be a breeding ground for germs, bugs, and viruses. Ensure your desk and the area around the desk, including your chair, is wiped down regularly with antiseptic wipes and disinfectant
- Hiring professional home cleaning services when you work from home is one way to maintain a high standard of hygiene during these times. Choose a professional pest control company to safely disinfect your home, such as one of our Mostert Pest Control Specialist outlets. We will do a thorough virus, bacteria and fungi surface and air disinfection using pesticide-free products to ensure the safety of you, your family and pets are considered
- Now is the time to safely disinfect your home. Bear in mind that there is a distinct difference between regular cleaning and disinfecting and deep cleaning. Deep cleaning involves a far more thorough cleaning than casual cleaning. Deep cleaning is about emptying drawers and cleaning behind fridges and furniture
- You should clean and disinfect all frequently touched areas such as light switches, kitchen countertops, door handles, desks, chairs, modems, telephones, and remotes regularly. Professional disinfection services will ensure all those hard-to-reach spots are taken care of. If you struggle to reach these, it is time to call in the professionals
- Wiping down files, books, and magazines with a cloth dipped into jik is a good way to keep these items clean and germs at a minimum
- Use pest control specialists to keep rats and mice, flies, ants, rodents, cockroaches, fleas and other bugs in check – particularly those that carry diseases and germs
- Your professional fumigation, virus, and bacteria disinfection service will be able to provide you with a complete integrated pest-management plan. This plan will ensure that all viruses, germs, and pests are controlled in an effective manner which will protect both property and lives. The result would be a safe place to work in
- Germs can enter your home in a variety of ways. They can attach themselves to people, items, and pets or they can be airborne. Cross–contamination of germs can prove to be harmful to humans. Ensure you keep your home office pristinely clean to avoid infections and illnesses, particularly as we face the COVID19 virus
It is up to each and every one of us to take responsibility for the cleanliness of our work and home environment. Keeping home, wearing cloth masks, and washing hands regularly is important. Ensure your environment is kept pristinely clean during these uncertain times. We need to stay home and stay safe and take as many precautions as we can.