Are you plagued by ant invasions both inside and outside your home? By applying a couple of home remedies, you can keep them at bay. But professional pest control experts will locate nests and help you get rid of them for good.
Call on the experts when ants take over your life! An ant is a difficult pest to get rid of, but the experts know how to deal with ant infestations, so they never come back.
What Attracts Ants into Your Home?
Find out everything about the behaviour of ants. This will give you a clue why your home attracts ants. A colony of ants can cause problems in your garden and home. You need to know why you find them in kitchen sinks, on kitchen countertops, and other places.
- All ant species are social insects. They need each other to survive. Each ant has its own role to play within the ant colony. Ants come from the outside, inside. They often enter inside in search of food and water sources. This is vital for their survival.
- They migrate indoors to find safe spots for nesting.
- Ants search for food outside the nest. They later return to the nest to feed larvae.
- The larvae digest the food to feed the entire colony.
- You cannot get rid of ant infestations by killing off the adult ants.
- Spraying ants and killing off the adults will cause more ants sent to forage for water and food.
- Ensure you clear away leaf litter in the yard and any cardboard boxes lying around.
7 Ways to Get Rid of Ants in Your House
1. Clean Your Space Thoroughly and Habitually to Keep Ants Away.
Crumbs, sticky surfaces, and oily leftovers are all a food source for ants. As is pet food. Doing your household chores is a deterrent. Remove all sources of food to prevent an invasion. Ensure you never have dirty dishes, as ants love to forage for tiny scraps of food.
Black (or rather, dark brown), garden ants love the sweet stuff. Hide your sugar, honey, jam, and syrup in the fridge. Seal everything in airtight containers. Yet, ants can and will get into the honey or jam jar!
Wipe down your sauce bottles and keep your countertops spotlessly clean. Remember to take empty the bin especially in the kitchen. Wash your bins out. Sweep and wash the kitchen floor.
2. Seal Entry Points to Your Home to Keep Ants Out.
Seal all windows and doors to your home to keep bugs out. Ants are smart and will find ways of getting in. Sealing any exposed crevices and cracks is one of the most effective preventative ant treatments you can apply.
3. Use Glass Cleaner and Soapy Water as an Ant Repellent.
Ants leave a pheromone trail as they walk. These scented trails guide one another and act as a map. Getting rid of ant activity will help the problem.
Combine your washing detergent and glass cleaner in a spray bottle. Spray entry points and surfaces with this liquid. You should spray any ant gathering points with this spray.
Wipe down the area after spraying but leave some residue behind. Use this method repeatedly to ward off ant invasions. Removing pheromones wherever possible is effective.
4. Apply a Mixture of Pepper to Help Stop an Ant Problem.
Did you know ants don’t like pepper? By combining red cayenne pepper and black pepper will irritate these home invaders. Sprinkle a mixture or red and black pepper on surfaces and around your skirting boards. This is a natural, effective method of detracting ants.
5. Use Peppermint as a Natural Ant Repellent.
Did you know that peppermint and mint are great for warding off ants? Peppermint is also a natural repellent for spiders and other household bugs. Spray a diluted solution of peppermint oil wherever ants congregate.
Or cut sprigs of mint and place them around the home. Peppermint is a natural insect repellent. This could that effectively deter ants and other bugs.
Other insects that don’t like peppermint oil are mosquitoes. It is vital to always keep all essential oils out of the reach of children and pets. Peppermint oil is a danger to cats.
6. Use Lemon or Citrus as a Deterrent.
Squeezing orange or lemon juice at entry points deters ants. Add citrus to the water when washing countertops and floors. Add a few drops of lemon or orange peels and juice to your dishwater, too.
Ants like nothing bitter. Make a paste from orange and lemon peels by placing discarded citrus peels in a cup of warm water. Use this paste to wipe down your countertops.
7. Use Expert Pest Control Professionals to Eliminate Ant Problems Forever.
Finding the nests of ants is the best method of getting rid of them. Getting to the source is difficult. That is why it is best to use expert pest control specialists to help.
Mostert Pest Control are experts in find and getting rid of ant infestations. Get a free ant extermination quote and we will help you tackle your ant invasions.
Call Mostert Pest Control Service to Get Rid of Ants.
We will give you a free quote and find solutions to your bug problems. As a pest control specialist company, we can help. Contact us today to get to the route of ant and other pest problems. We have many years of pest control expertise. Let us tackle all your ant, and other pest, problems today.