Tired of creepy crawlies in your home? Make sure bugs don’t get comfortable in your space with these 8 simple steps to keeping your space pest-free.
You can keep ants, cockroaches, and other bugs at bay by implementing a couple of smart strategies inside and outside your home. There is no reason to share your home with unpleasant insects. You can make your space pest-free! These 8 steps from pest professionals will help you with pest prevention and booting out those unwanted pests.
Warning Signs and Problem Areas to Look Out for.
Insects can appear to have otherworldly abilities. You find mosquitoes buzzing around at night, even after emptying the repellent spray bottle. Cockroaches can survive just about anything. Other creepy crawlies that seem to materialise from nowhere, despite your best deterrent efforts.
Is Your #1 Problem Tackling Ants In And Around Your Home?
If you think ants are taking over your space, then you are probably right! Ants send out scouts to scope out the lay of the land (your home or garden). Before you know it, ants can take over your space.
Pests Can Find Creative Spots to Hide and Breed
You need to check your home and garden to find the hiding places where bugs hang out. Here are a couple of places that would surprise you:
- Your pile of firewood is the perfect draw card for bugs. Ants and termites flourish in woodpiles. You would be smart to keep your firewood pile a couple of metres from your home.
- Stagnant water and pools are perfect for insects to breed and thrive. Fix your leaking taps and pipes. If you suspect you have damp, call in the specialists to help.
- You need to check your tree houses, fire pits, swings, birdbaths, and other spots that are perfect for catching water. You need to ensure there are no puddles and collections of water. Remember to tip these out regularly.
- You need to trim your branches regularly and clear scrub around your house. Not only will you enjoy having fewer bugs in your home; the light will pour into your interior. This is especially during the cold, dark winter months.
8 Great Things You Can Do to Keep Pests Outside
Prevention is better than cure. This adage is especially pertinent to keeping bugs outside. It is time for you to take action and to discourage insects wherever possible. Speak to us about what kinds of pests we exterminate if you need professional assistance.
1. Want fewer pests? The Secret Lies In Being Clean.
You can keep bugs at bay by keeping your space clean. Your most important first step to keeping bugs in check is by clearing away leftover food and clutter, vacuuming regularly, and sweeping away any cobwebs from corners. Pests love dirt. Do away with this perfect draw card and enjoy a pest-free environment.
2. Do You Want Fewer Bugs? The Secret Is More Disinfectant!
You should never be shy about using disinfectant wherever possible. Mopping floors with disinfectant and wiping down countertops with a good quality product will send bugs packing.
3. Getting rid of debris is a great way to discourage bugs
Does your yard have piles of wood and leaves everywhere? By cleaning away all rubbish and debris, you will discourage pest infestations. This is a great way for natural pest control. Common pests will be discouraged from congregating and breeding in dark places away from light and air. Storing items in the garage and in the yard is an invitation to a plethora of pests.
4. Ditching the Damp Helps Keep Bugs in Check
You will soon discover that damp encourages and attracts bugs. Cockroaches love warm, humid areas to shelter during the cold winter months. Damp areas in your home will attract garden pests to these areas. Standing water welcomes in pests, so get rid of stagnant puddles in your yard.
5. Use professional pest control as your #1 weapon
You might find that keeping pest populations at bay is a bigger problem than you expected. If you find you are losing the bug battle, it is time to call in a professional pest management company to assist.
6. Seal Cracks and Gaps to Live Pest-Free Both Inside and Out?
Because cracks and crevices in your walls are also dark and humid, you notice that spiders and insects will hide there during the day and wreak havoc at night. To prevent this from happening, seal all gaps around your windows and doors. They’re also an easy way for pests to enter your home and gain access to food.
7. Is Your Pet a Member of the Family? Keep Rover Bug-Free!
You need to keep your pets clean to discourage fleas and other insect pests from entering your home. Pests easily spread inside, and pet food can act as a lure for insects. Avoid worms and fleas by keeping Rover and Felix washed and healthy. Also keep their feeding area cleaned and hygienic.
8. Want Fewer Pests at Home? Don’t Stomp on Them!
Whatever you do, never stomp on bugs. This could spread their eggs, with each containing a multitude of spawn!
Get Started Today By Tackling Your Pest Problem. Get Your Free Quote today!
You might find that dealing with pests is not fun for you and your family. Contact a pest control company today to assist. Get your free quote today. Simply complete the inquiry form and a Mostert branch near you will contact you shortly.