Eradicate cockroaches in the home or business. Take steps to keep your environment cockroach-free.
Understanding Roaches Helps Keep them in Check
Get to know cockroaches to begin an effective cockroach eradication plan. Once you understand how these critters breathe, reproduce, and stay alive, it is easier to tackle the problem.
Why is cockroach eradication so tricky? Because cockroach populations are difficult to get rid of once they breed, and these critters are hardy and persistent. Call in commercial pest control companies to help you with cockroach eradication efforts.
5 Cockroach Facts You Probably Didn’t Know
5 things you probably never knew about tenacious cockroaches.
- Cockroaches spread diseases. They are known to carry many pathogens. Avoid infestations and the health risks affiliated with these creatures by calling in experts today.
- All species of cockroaches are nocturnal. This is the reason you see increased roach activity when you shine a light on them. They find a food source in the dark and enjoy pet foods and warm spaces under the oven.
- Some cockroach species can live without food and water for long periods. This is why it is not effective to starve them out.
- Cockroaches are hardy creatures and extremely difficult to get rid of. In fact, if you cut off their heads, they can live for up to six days and will only eventually die due to thirst.
- Cockroaches love warm, humid places. They can often move between flats and buildings in the underground piping and remain hidden in warm, dark corners of office buildings and kitchens.
6 Reasons Cockroach Elimination is Difficult
Cockroach elimination is difficult because these creatures are survivors and prolific breeders. Cockroach hiding spots are hard to detect once a roach infestation starts. Bait stations and DIY methods alone are often ineffective.
1. All Cockroach Species Are Survivors
Some cockroaches can survive for long periods without water. They can also go for a period without food. Most disturbing is roaches survive for up to a week without a head. The only reason a cockroach dies without a head is a lack of water.
2. Cockroaches Are Adaptable
Cockroaches can adapt to almost all environments and situations. Effective cockroach control is essential to keep roaches in check.
We use a range of innovative pest control strategies to tackle all species of roaches. Initial treatments are usually not enough to get rid of all the stages of roaches. Integrated pest management plans are necessary for effective eradication.
3. Active Cockroaches Are Virgin Birthers
Female cockroaches produce 40-60 young every time they give birth. They do this with no males to assist in reproduction.
Females reproduce offspring pathogenically. We also refer to these as virgin births. These occur when conditions are extreme and if there is a lack of male cockroaches.
4. Cockroaches Can Hold Their Breath for Long
Cockroaches can hold their breath for long periods. Scientists believe roaches hold their breath between 5 & 7 minutes. That is why drowning roaches are ineffective.
5. Turning up the Heat Won’t Eradicate Roaches
Cockroach infestations are a common pest species that can handle the heat. They have simple cells. Because their cells divide at a slow rate. They can repair damaged by extreme heat.
6. Cockroaches Have Been Around for a Long Time
Fossil records show cockroaches have been around for 300 million years in BC. They thrive through all conditions. We find them across the globe.
- Cockroaches prefer warm environments to the cold.
- We find them in many homes. Some infestations have 330 000 roaches. Cockroach-produced allergens are some of the common reactions of cockroach populations.
How Will I Know if I Have Roach Infestations?
What are the tell-tale signs of cockroach infested homes? How will I know if they have moved in? here are two unmissable clues.
1. The First Sign of Cockroach Populations is the Odour
One cockroach often means there are many others lurking in crawl spaces. The odour cockroaches exude is distinctive. The smell lingers inside the home and any crawl spaces they inhabit.
2. Keep an Eye Out for Cockroach Droppings
A definite sign of a bug bomb is the droppings. These are about 2mm long. Other signs include smear marks and the skin they shed.
Getting to Grips with Your Roach Infestation
Keep a cockroach infestation in check by keeping your environment clean. Ensure you have no clutter and mess. Cockroaches can breed in any environment.
Ensure food preparation counters and the kitchen sink are spotlessly clean. Remove all sources of food. Store all food in airtight containers. This especially applies to storing food in humid environments. Examine store-bought food for cockroach eggs before decanting.
Get Professional Pest Control Services to Help
Get professional pest control services to help if you spot a cockroach. A cockroach trap, residual sprays, and other methods are not effective in the long-term.
Cockroach infestations can happen despite our best efforts at cleanliness. One cockroach could produce an entire tribe in a brief space of time. Mostert Pest Control Services will devise a long-term plan for the eradication of cockroaches.