What’s the Best Way to Get Rid of Bed bug Infestations?
Bedbugs are tenacious and unwelcome guests in your home. Once you have an infestation, it is difficult to get rid of them. A bedbug infestation is difficult to detect.
Once they find a food source, you will find them everywhere. Even in your bed frames and bedside tables. You will also find they nest in electrical outlets.
DIY heat treatments like hot water and pesticides are not effective in eradicating these stubborn insects. It is far better to call in pest control experts. The only way to rid your world of nasty bedbugs forever is using a pest control professional service.
How Will I Know for Certain I Have an Infestation?
The first signs are bloodstains on your sheets. There will also be signs of bedbug excrement. You will detect unpleasant, itchy bites. Some individuals have an allergic reaction to the bites of bedbugs.
A reaction to bedbug bites could leave itchy welts on your skin. If you have a severe reaction, it could cause clinical consequences. Are you concerned you have any skin reactions from insect bites? Seek medical treatment.
You will find plenty of evidence. These include bed bug bite marks, smells, and human blood on sheets. Your doctor will recommend an ice application for rashes. Your medical professional could also suggest you take anti-inflammatory medications. Antiseptic creams will help with a series of bites or with a resulting typical skin lesion.
Physical Appearance of Bedbugs. What Do They Look Like?
How will I know for certain I have a growing bedbug population in my house? What do they look like? How will I know there’s a prevalence of bedbugs in my home or apartment?
- These insects belong to the genus Cimex. Cimex Hemipterus and other forms feed on the blood of people at night.
- The preferred host of these insects is the human body.
- Bedbugs are tiny insects. Adult bedbugs are about 6.44 mm long. They are about the size of an apple seed.
- Their bodies are oval, and they have a distinctive flat body. They look a bit like oval confetti.
- The insects are a reddish brown in colour. Once they have had a blood meal, their bodies swell. Their appearance is then redder than brown.
- Bedbugs do not fly. Instead, they scurry over ceiling and floor surfaces at lightning speed.
- The adult female can lay hundreds of eggs during her life cycle. Each one is miniscule – almost as small as the head of a pin.
- We refer to the undeveloped eggs as nymphs. Nymphs shed their skin many times before they become adults. After each shed, the bugs need a blood feed.
- It takes 10 days to a month for nymphs to reach maturity.
- The female bedbug produces up to 3 generations in a year. Their exponential multiplication makes it hard to get rid of them.
Are Bedbugs Hard to Get Rid of?
Yes, these critters can be tenacious and difficult to get rid of. Nobody enjoys bed bug bites, and it can be hard to find bedbug hiding spots. Pest control companies have methods for the eradication of tenacious creatures.
You can find these insects hiding in cracks and crevices. Bedbugs are nocturnal. They appear at night to feed on human hosts, usually when hosts are fast asleep. Some people mistake their bites for a mosquito bite.
Do I Have a Bedbug Problem?
- The appearance of the common species is obvious by bite marks on the skin. Smears of faeces on bedding and mattresses are other indications of insect activity.
- An unpleasant and marked odour is present, not unlike coriander. This is another clear sign of insect activity.
- The insects have a tendency to spread throughout rooms. In apartment complexes, they could spread from one apartment to the next.
- You can find infestations in clean and dirty environments. These bugs are not particular about their surroundings.
Our professional team at Mostert Pest Control services is here to offer you advice. Our bedbug treatment programmes are effective. Only once we have eliminated the insects entirely, it is best not to replace your mattress.
We Offer an Efficient Search and Destroy Operation in Getting Rid of Bedbugs
Call Mostert Pest Control service to help with effective control tactics. A sudden insect infestation could prove unpleasant and problematic. Get your free quote today and get rid of your bug problem.
Instead of fumigating and home treatments, choose a more effective operation against bedbugs. The minute you detect a presentation of common bedbug challenges, contact us. Mostert Pest Control services will apply effective eradication methods.